Thursday, December 11, 2008

Shiny Christmas Tree

I found this craft on Martha Stewarts website. It is recommended to use newspaper as the paper (which is a great idea I think), but I have so much patterned paper that I figured it would turn out cute if I used some of the green patterned paper that I have. I used a bunch of paper for the envelopes for my Christmas Cards, and there was left overs so I used those scraps of paper again on this tree.

Here is my stand made from clay and a wooden skewer.

Here are the varied pieces of paper that I cut up. Starting at 4 1/2 inches and the smallest is 1 inch.

Here are all of the papers after they were skewered onto the wooden pole.

Then I used a spray on adhesive, sprayed all over the tree, and sprinkled a green diamond glitter. Finally I topped the tree with a two sided star. I want to go back and cut out about 5 or 6 stars and put them all together to made a larger 3-D star for the top, but will get to that later. It shows a little of the sparkle here, but it looks so much better in person. A great little decoration made from paper.






This is the year of using up paper. I love having supplies on hand for crafting and scrapbooking, but I have so much paper, it is starting to get out of control. Between my SU! paper and my non-SU paper, there is a lot. So I am looking for projects to use up the paper.



Merry Christmas!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...