Monday, December 1, 2008

Christmas Card Envelopes

Every year I enjoy making Christmas cards to send out.


This year I decided to do something a bit different. I designed my own Christmas card on the computer with a compilation of pictures,


then made a designer envelope to mail out all of my cards. It was a great way to use a variety of patterned papers that I had here in red, green, burgundy, copper and silver. I added a stamped image on the outside of the envelope and they were ready to mail!


So much fun.


Here are some of the tools I used.

Bone folder to make nice crisp edges... especially important when using cardstock.

Used SU 5 in 1 template... not a normal size of card, but it is the perfect size for a picture that is 4 x 6 since the envelope comes out at 4.5 inches by 6 or 7 inches... which made it the perfect choice for this Christmas Card.

Envelope glue... made it more real, worked really well. This dries and gives the envelope a normal envelope seal. Lick it and it seals.

Finally the other life saver was the adhesive eraser. It helped when my mono tombo tape went over the edge, I erased the excess adhesive so it didn't stick where it wasn't supposed to.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...