Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Mat Board

I learned how to make my own mat boards.

We have had mat board and the cutter so I ventured in to figure it out. With a short tutorial from David (my husband), I was able to figure it out and even make a bit of a fancy one.



Since we had the red mat board I decided to make a small one for the picture of Katie and I that I had on my shelf.



As a family activity, our family made our own painting. It is our very own Pollock painting. Each of us had a different color and we had fun throwing paint around. With a 6 and 4 year old, you can imagine that paint did spread out a bit. It was a lot of fun throwing the paint around. Samantha thinks we need to do a family painting every year.




Here is another double mat that I made (just the red and black, the blue is just to contrast on the desk). It is a picture that my 6-year old daughter took and entered into the Reflections contest at school. It is a picture of a sunrise and her elementary school at the bottom. We were on our way to school one morning and we were commenting on how beautiful the sunrise was. Samantha commented that she wanted to take a picture, and since I almost always have my camera with me, I pulled it out and she set up her shot. She is my budding photographer. I love the way the sun rays shine down on the school.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...