Wednesday, October 1, 2008

I love you CAKE

One of the other talents that I want to develop is my cake decorating skills. My mom always made us the coolest cakes for our birthdays and she can make roses out of frosting so well, behind her back, with her eyes shut and probably even with her hands tied up. It is amazing to me how quickly and easily she can make flowers. Anyways... I didn't attempt flowers this time (a future endeavor to perfect my rose and flower skills), but I did play with some piping techniques and smoothed the frosting out on the cake and then shaved some chocolate on to the top of this cake. The inside of the cake was a French Vanilla cake with a raspberry filling. The frosting was chocolate cream cheese frosting (except for the red/pink which was just cream cheese frosting). It was really yummy. I made it for my hubby to let him know that he is loved.


2 comments:

debra said...

Awww... that is precious! I've never ventured out into the cake making stuff. Costco makes ones that work well for me, or a box of Betty Crocker in a 9x13 pan if I'm feeling adventurous!

This is beautiful and I'm sure David felt the love! I love all your posts and your work space is awesome! Good job on using those Ikea things to hang your punches from- that's a great idea!

Anonymous said...

This cake looks good! I noticed you have lot of talents. I'm glad that you are using it up. Invite me to read your blog as if you want. my email is aquaxgirlz5@hotmail.com. I would like to invite you to my blog readers too.

Barbie

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...