Sunday, June 7, 2009

Chili

I thought my chilli making days were over until fall returned, but when my dear husband requested chili... I couldn't possibly turn down any request for a dinner suggestion.

I'm always asking (just like my mom did), "Hey what do you want for dinner?" and the response is ususally, "I don't care" or "I don't know" or "Whatever" (just like we told my mom). Not very helpful! So I take any suggestions very seriously.

This recipe is one that my father in law came up with... his name for the chili is somewhat explicit so I have renamed it to be just plain chili. It is quick, easy and oh so delish! Topped with your preferred toppings and it only enhances the already fabulous flavor! Enjoy!
3/4 pound ground sirloin
1/2 cup onions, chopped
1/3 cup green bell peppers, chopped
3 cloves garlic, minced or pressed
1 tablespoon jalapeno chili, chopped
1-40oz or 3-15oz cans pinto beans
1-15oz can chopped peeled tomatoes
1-15oz can tomato sauce
1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
1/4 tsp. black pepper

In a large sauce pan cook meat until done, but do not brown. Remove meat, leave juices. Add onions, green bell peppers, garlic and jalapeno chilies. Cook until tender. Then add pinto beans, tomatoes, tomato sauce, cumin, red pepper, black pepper and meat. Simmer for about one hour. Serve with cornbread, crackers, chopped onions or you may sprinkle cheddar or Monterey Jack
cheese on each serving.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...