Sunday, November 2, 2008

Gift bag and Card

This project is a matching gift bag and card. So stinkin' cute, if I do say so myself! The best part is it only uses one 12x12 piece of double sided designer series Stampin' Up paper! I made some of these at a Stamp Camp back in June, but gave all of the ones that I had away, so when I had a gift to give, I needed a new one. They are pretty quick and easy.


To start off, a strip is cut to cover the top third of the bag and then the second peice is folded over to create the pocket. Sticky strip tape is the best for this project because it keeps everything together. I distressed the edges of the paper with a stamp pad, then added the 4 silver brads and brown grosgrain ribbon.
(I added these embellishments to the paper before attaching it to the bag so that the brads aren't going through the bag, but you could do that and it would probably be stronger. Just make sure to use the piercing tool to punch a hole through all of the layers so the brad will slide in easily!)
Then there was one small square of the designer paper left over so I cut it in half and put them in each corner of the card with distressed edges from the ink. I used the Rock 'N' Roll technique on the butterfly to create the double color on the butterfly. First stamp the butterfly in a light color and then roll the edges of the stamp on a darker color ink pad. (FYI, you don't want to do it the other way because you will ruin the lighter color ink pad and it won't really show up very well.)

See it creates a cute little pocket on the outside of the bag that can hold the matching card.
Let me know if there are any questions.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...