Sunday, October 27, 2013

Witch Hat Cookie Treats

I brought a birthday treat for the month of October. They are these super easy and super yummy witch hats.

Here's what you need:
Keebler Shortbread Cookies (you know the flat striped ones)
Hershey Kisses
Can of Vanilla Frosting, tinted orange with gel paste

The base of the hat is a Keebler Shortbread cookie flipped over. Then I had store bought frosting that I colored orange and put into a ziploc bag and cut the tip off. I piped a small amount of frosting onto the bottom of an unwrapped chocolate kiss and then stuck it on the cookie. After all the kisses were attached I used the ziploc piping bag to add a cute little bow to the hat.

That’s it!

It took like 10 or 15 minutes to make about 40 of them. From start to finish. I was concerned about the top of the hat (the kiss) slipping & sliding around on the soft canned frosting. I made these last night and by this morning, they were perfect. The frosting had solidified so that it held everything in place and I could easily stack them on the plate. But when you tried to eat it, it was still soft and delicious!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...