Monday, May 18, 2009

Birthday Cake with a Marzipan Bow

Here is my daughters 7 year old birthday cake and what do you think she requested! A wedding cake!!! Seriously! Well, I didn't want it to be TOO elaborate, but still wanted it to be fun and special that would somewhat honor her request.

I started with a chocolate cake and made 4 cakes so that each tier had 2 layers. Covered the cake in pink buttercream frosting and then piped on some lacey accents. Finally, I had some ready-to-use Wilton Rolled Fondant (available at any craft store) and I made the bow for the top of her cake. The instructions were on the back of the box that the fondant came in. Basically you roll out the fondant into a thin sheet and then cut it into strips. Fold them in half, add a little water to adhere and start stacking them on top of each other, and then all of a sudden it becomes a bow...

1 comment:

gusbish said...

See now that is something that i didn't know that she wanted her cake to be was a wedding cake. But it still looks good. And I can't belive that Samantha is 7 years old. It just blows my mind.
And the cake was really tasty too, which is awsome.
Thanks for the cake,
Lucas

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...